Saturday, June 07, 2008

So who is this dude Obama anyway?

Scary swarthy Muslim terrorist?



Old school Marxist with a radical liberal failed ideology?

A god?



The embodiment of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s dream for America?



A system-saving better brand of toothpaste?

I like Dennis Perrin's take (last link above) but I think Jeremiah Wright may have summed it up best:

"He's a politician, I'm a pastor. We speak to two different audiences. And he says what he has to say as a politician. I say what I have to say as a pastor. Those are two different worlds. I do what I do. He does what politicians do."

2 Comments:

Blogger Ira Greenberg said...

hello jean. how interesting to read about you and your thoughts. someone i knew but didn't. and a very long time ago. that wonderful rebellious spirit has matured. i am sending my best wishes and regards. ira

12:05 PM, September 26, 2008  
Blogger Jean said...

Hi Ira, thanks for stopping by...I owe you an email, I think. As you can see by my highly sporadic blogging, I'm behind on many things. Don't even ask about the state of my woodpile--practically nonexistent, and here it is almost winter again.

5:25 PM, October 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home