Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Words fail

"[Israel] no longer recognizes any boundaries, geographical or moral.”

--Michel Warschawski, Towards an Open Tomb: The Crisis of Israeli Society (2004).




"We will stand with Israel because Israel is standing up for American values as well as Israeli ones."

--Sen. Hillary Clinton, speaking recently at a pro-Israel rally in New York





"Since almost all the missiles used to kill the civilians of Lebanon over the past four days were made in Seattle, Duluth and Miami in the United States, their use already suggests to millions of Lebanese that America is behind the bombardment of their country."

--Robert Fisk




See also:
Kathleen Christison, The Insane Brutality of the State of Israel
From Israel to Lebanon
The Angry Arab News Service

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Hideous. Jean, how do I post photos from news services directly on my blog? I only know how to link, and how to upload my own photos.

5:45 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger Jean said...

I just copy the image and use the "save as" function to save it on my desktop, then upload it to blogger. These came from a variety of sources (and there are many more out there) --not news services, but blogs, like Angry Arab, Red State Son, and the "From Israel to Lebanon" site. It feels weird to go from posting cute photos of happy frolicking dogs to posting photographs of hideous atrocities. I'm incensed, outraged, disgusted. I don't know that it makes any difference that I feel this way, and occasionally post/vent about it, but I don't know what else I can do. I simply can't read the American media anymore on the issue, and certainly not the NY Times.

11:04 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

I thought I tried that and it didn't work...oh well...I probably should find an IT consultant who can sit down with me here...

Life goes on and dogs must frolic. One of my friends who has a lot of family in Lebanon is having a birthday party for himself next week. I've actually been very distressed the past week, actually had a nightmare, but beyond writing our members of Congress and posting stuff on blogs, there's not a lot else to do..

12:19 AM, July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home