Monday, August 21, 2006

Unhinged conservative politically aspiring neonuts for Tasini

Could there possibly be a connection between these two events?

On Wednesday August 16 I left a comment on the weblog of John Spencer, a Republican candidate for senator challenging Democratic incumbent Hillary Clinton, who as everyone knows plays politics with America's national security and is in league with Osama bin Laden. In my comment I urged people to support the campaign of Jonathan Tasini, who is challenging Clinton in the Democratic primary.

A day later, according to this report in the New York Times, Spencer's campaign sent out an email message "urging his supporters to take a look at Jonathan Tasini."

Nah. Must be a coincidence.

In related news, the work of the Crusading Proofreader rated a mention in the New York Daily News.

I hope you're as impressed as I am.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

You should write to the paper and make sure they know a "liberal" made the correction!

12:18 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger ka-ma said...

"In related news, the work of the Crusading Proofreader rated a mention in the New York Daily News."
You see - one can make a difference!!! Hear, hear!!

12:19 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Jean said...

I don't know if I'd qualify as a "liberal" in the American political lexicon. Hillary Clinton is a "liberal" and my politics sure ain't got much in common with hers. No, I'd probably be classified under the "Islamic fascist" taxon, which seems to be growing by leaps and bounds into a category that includes everyone who objects to American and Israeli imperialism and occupation.

2:11 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Jean said...

BTW, for the record, I am an atheist and a firm believer in democaracy, especially the grassroots participatory variety. But I wouldn't expect those facts to get in the way of those who like to hurl around the "Islamic fascist" label.

10:53 AM, August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home