Saturday, August 19, 2006

Who's buying?

So, Osama Walks into This Bar, See? and Bush says, “Whad’l'ya have, pardner?” and Osama says, “Well, George, what are you serving today?” and Bush says, “Fear,” and Osama shouts, “Fear for everybody!” and George pours it on for the crowd. Then the presidential bartender says, “Hey, who’s buying?” and Osama points a thumb at the crowd sucking down their brew. “They are,” he says. And the two of them share a quiet laugh.

Looks like they're buying big over at CNN. Go watch. Now. Then come back.

Are you thoroughly inebriated and indoctrinated? Pissing yourself in fear? Having shaking, shivering, screaming nightmares about Islamic fascist terrorists bent on global domination coming to YOUR town and murdering you and your loved ones in your beds? In need of an antidote? Here, try some Craig Murray or Bill Blum. My treat.

I wonder if CNN plans to do a story called "Target: World" portraying actual victims of ongoing terrorism committed by the United States and Israel.

Probably not.

I don't watch CNN. I don't have cable or satellite TV, and even if I did, I wouldn't waste my limited TV-viewing time on CNN. I do get four Slovene channels. Two nights ago one of them showed John Pilger's film, "Palestine Is Still the Issue." I watched it with my fourteen-year-old daughter; she was fascinated but horrified, and kept asking me questions I couldn't answer, like "Why does America support Israel when Israel is doing all this to the Palestinians?" Afterwards, I found her poring over her geography atlas, studying the maps of the Middle East. She'd like to travel there, and to many other places.

Has this or any other Pilger film ever been shown on a major American network? I don't know, but I doubt it. And maybe that's part of the answer to my daughter's question.

If you haven't seen the film yourself, you can watch it here, at the Information Clearing House site. Motto: "News you won't find on CNN". Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home