Sunday, June 11, 2006

Agility round-up


Agility season (like allergy season) is in full swing, with competitions just about every weekend now. I was intending to write a full account after each one, but here it is late Friday evening in June, I've been to four competitions in the last six weeks (none reported here as I write this), and I'm off to another one tomorrow. So tonight's goal, as I wait for Monika's return in the wee hours from an end-of-the-year fun trip to Ljubljana--and then get up before the butt-crack of dawn a few hours later--is to dutifully start filing reports of the ones already gone by. Turbo agility blogging. I'm post-dating this one so it'll be on top.

Believe it or not, there are actually people out there who read this shit, and find it interesting. But even if they didn't, I would still yield to the compulsion, to have a record for myself and to help me analyze our performance, and try to improve on it the next time.

My excuses for not getting to this sooner: I've had a flurry of translations to do (hvala bogu--they pay the bills), along with a load of garden chores, the usual responsibilities associated with parenting and running a household, plus I'm lazy and undisciplined. As for the ongoing struggle against U.S. imperialism, well, my shoulder is temporarily off that wheel, but thankfully there are stalwarts like Eli to keep up an unrelenting attack. We dog-owning single mother peasant women are allowed to take a day off now and again, especially during the agility season.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Jean:

My pack and I send you greetings. I just read a comment you posted at AmericaBlog responding to the Iraq amnesty controversy. What you wrote was compelling, so I followed the link here. What could be more excellent? Principled politics and dogs!

Thank you,
Phillip Allen
Winsted, CT, USA

5:48 PM, June 17, 2006  
Blogger Jean said...

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciated your comments, too, but had no way to get in touch with you. We seem to be in the minority at AmericaBlog. I don't usually comment on the bigger blogs but couldn't restrain myself when John starting ripping into "American-killing terrorists" and proposing that the Democrats use the issue as a stick to beat Republicans with. I commented a few times on earlier posts on the topic; don't know if you followed those threads as well, but predictably enough I was called "disgusting" and "treasonous" for not condemning attacks on American troops.

On my own blog, I tend to go on binges (if I write at all!): I'll be obsessed with American foreign policy and American politics for a time, then switch to dog blogging. You caught me in a dog phase; if you want to know more about my views of the American Democratic Party as currently constituted, see my September 11, 2005 post. Speaking of which, I just read that Joe Biden has declared his candidacy. Barf.

Who's in your pack?

best wishes,
Jean

9:34 AM, June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home